Here is a couple of Dales' recipes to try out at home, these will change seasonally,
so check back when your looking for another recipe to suit the weather outside.
Hot Chocolate Fondant
100g Dark Chocolate
60g Caster Sugar
70g Plain Flour
1tbs Cocoa Powder (for lining)
1/2tbs Baking Powder
1. Line 6 moulds with a brush of butter then dust with cocoa powder and shake out.
2. Mix chocolate and butter in a bowl, over simmering water until melted.
3. Whip egg and sugar to ribbon stage.
4. Add all dry sieved ingredients.
5. Fold dry ingredients into chocolate.
6. Fill moulds half-way up and place in a pre-heated oven (200°/Gas Mark 7) for 6-8 minutes.
7. Serve immediately with Rodda’s clotted cream and seasonal berries.
8. Watch the middle ooze out!
Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
1kg Local Jerusalem Artichokes
100ml White Wine
1tbs Vegetable Stock (cube)
2 Celery sticks (finely chopped)
1 Carrot (chopped)
1 Garlic clove (crushed)
200ml Double Cream
1tbs Lemon juice
Salt & Pepper
Truffle oil (optional)
1. Wash, peel and chop artichokes.
2. Heat a heavy based pan until hot; add butter, shallots, celery, carrots, garlic and season.
3. Add chopped artichokes and lemon juice, then leave to sweat off for a further 5 minutes.
4. Add white wine.
5. Desolve 1tbs (cube) vegetable stock in 200ml boiling water. Add to pan.
6. Leave to simmer for 1 hour.
7. Once all vegetables are soft. Add cream and blitz, season to taste.
8. Drizzle with white truffle oil. (optional)